Friday, February 1, 2008

We are Baaaaaaaaack!

Well, as usual I have started something and have not kept it up! As you see it has been awhile since my last blog. Instead of waiting to get the time to add pictures, I have opted to just give you an update!

Our semester has started once again. Calvin is doing well in school and is in cub scouts now. He really enjoys that! He also is now in a golf clinic for kids on Saturdays. Of course he continues to love Star Wars, Lego Star Wars PS2 games, Lego Star Wars for his Gameboy, and he also is creating his own mini Lego Star Wars Movie.

Lydia continues to love going to preschool at Discovery Days twice a week. However, she seems to be fixated on two boys hitting her. I think this has happend once with each boy, but she brings it up often! I just tell her they love her and don't know how to say they are mad. That satisfies her for the time being. Lydia also is enjoying her Polly Pockets and babies! However, right now she insists she wants a baby brother! I don't think that will happen though. She just needs to enjoy our friends' babies. There will be an abundance of those around here soon. Something is in the water!

Craig has started his 3 yr grant working with drug abusing adolescents. The kids enter through Montgomery County Juv. Probation and then are randomized to two different treatments. He has students at SHSU helping, MCJP, Phoenix House, and myself! I was hired as his project coordinator. We are actually enjoying working together! Who would have thought?

I am taking just one class right now at SHSU but that is enough for me. I am finishing up some research from last semester, starting to work on my thesis, helping Craig part-time, and being a mommy. It will take an adjustment to juggle all this. As soon as I think things will slow down they pick back up again.

Last, Craig and I recently celebrated 14 years of marriage in December and I turned 38! Notice I didn't celebrate that. However, it didn't keep me from eating cake!!

My next post WILL include pictures, as I have just bought a new camera with my Christmas money. It will take some time adjusting to it, but it is fun practicing.

Anyway, this really turned out to be a long letter. Hope you enjoyed your update in our busy lives!

No comments: