Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts

This past weekend marked the firsts for many in our family. It was the Huntsville Half Marathon and 5K run. This was Craig's first half marathon and he did well. He finished in 2:00:33. Though he was wanting a faster time, he did a great job! Craig's parents came out to cheer him on, as did the kids and I.




It was also my first. My first 5K and actually my first competitive run. I was pretty nervous the day of the race but it was a lot of fun. The hills were hard, but running in our community helps, as we have many hills too. I finished 2nd in my age group with a time of 30:11.

We received cool tech shirts and we both got a medal. Craig got a finisher's medal and I got a second place medal.


What also made it fun was the fact that some of our friends participated too!


Craig's dad even had fun clowning around, pretending he had raced and won!





The second part of the weekend and the most important first, was Lydia putting God first in her life. Lydia got baptized! She was just beaming! Usually the family stands to support the person getting baptized, but because so many people have nurtured Lydia along the way in our church, Craig asked all those who supported her to stand. She thought "Whoa!" when she saw everyone stand! It was great to have Craig's parents, his brother's family and my parents celebrating with us.



What a wonderful weekend of firsts!!!

No comments: