Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Mother's Day

I don't have any pictures of this :( but I had to share it. Craig and the kids asked what I wanted to do to have a special day, so I chose a picnic! We went to the State Park and had a picnic on the most perfect day! It was in the high 70's, clear sky, no crowds, and awesome food! I made gourmet chicken sandwiches with a garlic/rosemary dressing, hummus, pita chips, strawberries, cookies, veggies, dip, etc. It was so yummy! We played catch with the football, Frisbee, and follow the leader! Lydia chose follow the leader, but we all got to be the leader. We stayed at the park about 2 1/2 hrs just playing, eating, and laying on the blanket enjoying the day. It couldn't have been more perfect. Calvin even remembered to wish me a Happy Mother's Day right when he woke up! My kids and husband are so wonderful! I am blessed.

We ended the day with calls to our mothers, as we are blessed by them. I think I can easily say this is the best one yet!

1 comment:

The Edney's said...

That sounds so wonderful! What a grea time you all had!